1. What goes up and down stairs without
2. Give it food and it will live; give it water and it special occasions wears for cocktail party
3. What can you catch but not throw?
4. I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?
5. Remove the outside, cook the inside, eat the
outside, throw away the inside.
6. What goes around the world and stays in a
7. The more there is, the less you see.
8. They come at night without being called and
are lost in the day without being stolen.
9. What kind of room has no windows or doors?
10. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have
holes on my left and on my right. And I have
holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What
11. I look at you, you look at me, I raise my right,
you raise your left. What is this object?
12. Light as a feather, there is nothing in it; the
strongest man can't hold it for much more than
13. What can run but never walks, has a mouth
but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has
a bed but never sleeps?
14. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
15. It is weightless, you can see it, and if you put
it in a barrel it will make the barrel lighter?
16. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
17. Only two backbones and thousands of ribs.
18. He has married many women but has never
married. Who is he?
19. If you have it, you want to share it. If you
share it, you don't have it. What is it?
20. You can't keep this until you have given it.
21. Take off my skin, I won't cry, but you will.
What am I?
22. What do you fill with empty hands?
23. What do you serve that you can't eat?
24. What do you throw out when you want to
use it but take in when you don't want to use it?
25. What goes up and never comes down?
26. You answer me, although I never ask you
questions. What am I?
27. You can have me but cannot hold me;
Gain me and quickly lose me.
If treated with care I can be great,
And if betrayed I will break.
What am I?
28. I can run but not walk. Wherever I go,
thought follows close behind. What am I?
29. What gets wetter and wetter the more it
30. I have hands and a face.I sometimes have
numbers on my face.
31. It is greater than God and more evil than the
devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if
you eat it you'll die. What is it?
32. I am the beginning of the end, and the end of
time and space. I am essential to creation, and I
surround every place. What am I?
33. I never was, am always to be. No one ever
saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the
confidence of all, To live and breath on this
terrestrial ball. What am I?
34. What is in seasons, seconds, centuries and
minutes but not in decades, years or days?
35. The one who makes it, sells it. The one who
buys it, never uses it. The one that uses it never
knows that he's using it. What is it?
36. What English word has three consecutive
37. I am always hungry, I must always be fed.
The finger I touch, will soon turn red.
38. Until I am measured I am not known, yet
how you miss me, when I have flown.
39. All around, but cannot be seen, can be
captured, cannot be held. No throat, but can be
40. Each morning I appear, to lie at your feet. All
day I will follow, no matter how fast you run. Yet
I nearly perish, in the midday sun.
41. Where is 11+2=1?
42. A long snake that smokes. What am I?
43. The more you take, the more you leave
behind. What am I?
44. Tear one off and scratch my head.
What once was red is black instead?
45. The eight of us go forth not back, to protect
our king from a foe's attack.
46. What has teeth but can not bite?
47. Poke your fingers in my eyes and I will open
wide my jaws. Linen cloth, quills, or paper, my
greedy lust devours them all. What am I?
48. What can you break but not touch?
49. Four fingers and a thumb, Yet flesh and
blood I have none. What am I?
50. Take one out and scratch my head I am now
black but once was red. What am I?
51. Precious stones in a pack of cards.
52. A fruit on a tree. A tree on a fruit.
53. Which bow can't be tied?
54. What type of dress can never be worn?
55. The white lady who sheds tears all the time.
56. What is black when its clean and white when
57. I am something...When you see me, you
always clap for meyet you hate me, but prefer
me to my wife
3. A cold
4. A nose
6. A stamp.
9. A mushroom.
10. A sponge
11. A mirror.
15. A hole.
18. A priest.
19. A secret.
20. A promise.
21. An onion.
23. A tennis ball
24. An anchor.
25. Your age.
26. A telephone.
29. A towel.
30. A watch.
Nothing is greater than God, nothing is more
evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the
rich need nothing and if you eat nothing you'll
32. The letter 'E'
33. The future.
34. The letter 'N'
35. A coffin.
40. A shadow.
41. In watches.
44. A match.
45. Chess pawns.
46. A comb.
47. A scissors.
48. A promise.
49. A glove.
50. A matchstick.